ORGANIZATION DESIGN FOR ‘LEARNERS’ (May 2nd Pre-Conference Workshop)
If you are beginning the practice of organization design and want to better understand what organization design is, its underlying theory and methodology; if you are wondering how to connect what you already know to the deep and powerful change that organization design creates, this half-day session is for you. The workshop will be swift, fun and engaging and will give participants an opportunity to ask questions and experience an abbreviated design process. We will finish by having you think about your learning edges and we hope this heightens your enjoyment of the sessions throughout the Conference.
The goals of the workshop are to:
- Understand a brief history of the field of organization design
- Have a good overview/understanding of a “typical” project and its foundational theories and models
- Understand the importance of having strategy lead design
- Experience a quick design process
- Make connections to organization development and change management
- Identify learning edges and brainstorm ideas/steps to learn more
- Make connections with other learners
SESSION IS SCHEDULED
MAY 2, 2016
8:30 AM – NOON
$249 Registration Fee
Claudia Murphy Bement is a senior practitioner in organization development and design, holds an MSOD from American University, a Certificate in Executive Coaching from Hudson Institute, and additional study on Scenario Planning, Search Conference, and Appreciative Inquiry. Her clients include Fortune 500 companies as well as government and non-profit agencies. Claudia and her associates are passionate about helping leaders navigate uncertain and tumultuous times through clarity of purpose and high engagement methodologies. She had the great pleasure of guest lecturing at the Saïd Business School at Oxford University, England where the first version of this workshop was created. She has been on the Board of ODF for 6 years and has been involved in ODF as a practitioner since 2004.