Designing Authentic Connections Conference Session:
Finding the Pathway Through Fear to Empowerment
Michael F. McGovern
Category: Emerging Operating Models
As organizations seek to fully engage and empower their workforce, the challenge leaders face is one of moving through the fear of “losing control”. This program will present a risk management approach that can be used to mitigate the fears encountered on the path to employee empowerment.
The program will include
- A brief presentation of key concepts,
- Breakouts will provide the opportunity for participants to apply their new knowledge to a case study. Participants will be asked to respond to leadership questions and concerns. Participants will then use these concerns to drive organization design choices.
- Breakout teams will share key learning with the larger group.
Michael McGovern is an experienced Organization Design & Development Consultant with 35 years of experience working for and with companies such as Abbott Labs, Navistar, BP North America/Amoco, The Tribune Company, Dover Corporation, and The Chicago Transit Authority. Mike’s practice areas include organization design, organization development, leadership development and change management.
Select a ticket type and add to cart!
2021 Conference Ticket
Includes full access to the ODF 2021 Virtual Conference, Designing Authentic Connections: Spread across 6 days, our conference is intelligently designed to achieve virtual learning and engagement with world class keynotes, problem solving peer sessions, experiential lab space, and supported networking.
2021 Conference Ticket + 12 Months EODF Membership
- Curated Content Newsletter (CNN), your dose of the freshest org design content
- Global Org Design Trends, a monthly peer conversation focusing on (CNN)
- Access to Members Only Knowledge Base, extensive library of resources
- Discount on EODF Org Design Masterclasses and Annual Conference